Modern Family Part 4
Modern Family Part 4
Luke 17:1 Then He said to the disciples, “It is impossible that no offenses should come…”
Everyone will have to deal with hurt/OFFENSE in every area of life; family, friendship, church, work, etc.
Anger will be a REALITY, but there is a Jesus way to handling it.
Ephesians 4:26-27 26 “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold.
To hold onto anger gives satan a foothold and poisons us with BITTERNESS.
Hebrews 12:15 See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.
- Causes TROUBLE
- DEFILES many (it’s CONTAGIOUS)
- Can cause us and others to MISS the GRACE of God. (James 1:14-15)
God’s plan for conflict RESOLUTION:
- Commit yourself to walking in LOVE and not being EASILY OFFENDED. (Galatians 5:22-23; 1Corinthians 13:4-8; Proverbs 19:11)
- Commit YOURSELF to open, honest, humble, loving communication. (Ephesians 4:1-6; Ephesians 4:15)
- Check YOUR own heart/motives. (Is it for restoration or retaliation?) (Galatians 6:1)
Go to the person PRIVATELY (not other people, not via text, email, social media).
– If you know someone is offended with YOU. (Matthew 5:24-25)
– If YOU have and offense with another person. (Matthew 18:15-17)
- If dealing with a Christian and there is no repentance, take 1 or 2 mature Christians to meet with them to address the issues.
- If dealing with a Christian and still no repentance, take to church LEADERSHIP.
- ACCEPT repentance. (Matthew 18:21-22)
Choose to FORGIVE, no matter what their response. (Matthew 6:9-15)
- Don’t confuse forgiveness or repentance with RESTORATION.
- Restoration is a PROCESS and a RESULT
- By FORGIVING I provide building materials.
- By REPENTING they provide building materials.
There is no restoration without FORGIVENESS and REPENTANCE.
2Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.