Love Bankruptcy Part 1
Love Bankruptcy: Keeping your relationships in the black (Part 1)
Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
What you plant/INVEST is what will grow, MULTIPLIED times over.
2Corinthians 8:6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
Rules of the Love Bank:
- When the Love bank is above zero we feel love TOWARD and feel loved FROM our spouse.
- The higher the balance above zero, the more “in love” you FEEL.
- ZERO balance begins the feelings of “I don’t love this person” or “I don’t FEEL in love with this person” or “loved by this person”.
- When the love bank is BELOW zero we feel no love toward and no love from our spouse. The lower the balance drops below zero, the more “out of love” you feel, until you hit bankruptcy where you no longer love that person. There is still HOPE for recovery, bankruptcy doesn’t kill the relationship, but it will take a lot of hard work and extra effort from both parties.
- There is a threshold of TOLERANCE above and below zero balance where you “know” you love the person and operate out of commitment, but the “feelings” of love and passion are nominal if present at all.
- It’s NORMAL for relationships to have seasons of highs and lows, strong feelings and nominal feelings, but it’s the consistent withdrawals that take that love bank below zero and beyond the threshold of tolerance in the negative balance to the point of bankruptcy.
It’s up to you! We’ll give you TOOLS, but you must do the WORK.
Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.
There is HOPE!
1Corinthians 13:4-8 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails.
If we will pursue, plant, and work with and toward love, then we CANNOT fail.
Application: On a scale of -10 to +10 you and your spouse RATE your own love bank.